The College offers a range of Hospitality and Tourism programs to the public. Degree and certificate programs prepare students for entry-level positions in Hawai‘i’s number one industry. The College’s transfer programs prepare students for transfer to four-year institutions. Also, the college demonstrates its commitment to life-long learning through a series of continuing education offerings aimed at working professionals and alumni through Interpret Hawai‘i.
- Associate in Science in Hospitality with a concentration in Hospitality Operations Management (63-64 credits)
- Associate in Science in Hospitality with a concentration in Travel and Tourism Operations Management (65-67 credits)
- Certificate of Achievement in Hospitality Operations Management (35 credits)
- Certificate of Achievement in Travel and Tourism Operations Management (33-38 credits)
- Certificate of Completion in Hospitality Operations (15 credits)
- Certificate of Completion in Travel and Tourism Operations (15 credits)
- Certificate of Competence in Sustainable Tourism (9 credits)
Potential Careers and Employers
- Careers: Employment areas in Hospitality Operations include hotel and resort front office, concierge, reservations, housekeeping, food and beverage, marketing and sales, human resources, and uniformed services positions. Employment areas in Travel and Tourism Operations includes airport services, airline operations, ticketing and reservations, travel agencies, tourism planning and development, meeting and convention coordination, special events planning, and tour directing.
- Potential Employers: Hawaiian Airlines, Japan Airlines, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Robert’s Hawaii, Outrigger Hotels, Starwood Resorts, Hilton Hotels, Aulani Disney Resort, Alan Wong’s Restaurant, Roy’s Restaurant, Hawaii Tourism Authority, H.I.S. Travel Agency, Pleasant Holidays, Sea Life Park, and Waikiki Aquarium.
- Counselor: Sheryl Fuchino-Nishida, 734.9716