The Kapiʻolani CC marketing program offers an associate in science (AS) degree and five certificates, including the certificate in entrepreneurship. The purpose of the program is to prepare students for entry-level marketing-oriented careers such as advertising, public relations, product and service management, retail management, international marketing, marketing research, and sales. The program is designed for students with little to no experience in marketing as well as for those already working in the field seeking to enhance their skill set.
- Associate in Science – Marketing (60 credits)
- Certificate of Achievement – Retail Management (33 credits)
- Certificate of Competence – Customer Service (15 credits)
- Certificate of Competence – Entrepreneurship (9 credits)
- Certificate of Competence – Management (9 credits)
- Certificate of Competence – Retailing (9 credits)
Potential Careers and Employers
- Careers: Graduates of the associate in science (AS) degree in marketing may be eligible for entry-level positions in advertising, customer relations, customer service, ecommerce, events planning, management, merchandising, public relations, retailing and wholesaling. Certificate recipients may be eligible for entry-level positions in specific marketing and management areas.
- Employers: The United States Department of Labor publishes the Occupational Outlook Handbook with additional information about careers in marketing.
- Counselors/Advisors: Lori Sakaguchi, Student’s last name: A-L, 808.734.9017
- Counselors/Advisors: Cynthia Kimura, Student’s last name: M-Z, 808.734.9107
- Marketing Program Coordinator: Susan Dik