Honda International Center Services
The Honda International Center (HIC), staffed by three faculty coordinators, international admission staff, student service/office manager and student help, provides services, activities and support in the following areas:
- Enrollment of international students, including marketing, recruitment, and admission.
- Presentation of international student orientations, assisting with enrollment and adjustment to Hawaii and American culture.
- Advisement of students with SEVIS/F-1 visas, including assistance with health insurance, housing, F-1 visa regulations, taxation, work permits, and academic advising.
- Administration of English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Intensive Transition Program, a non-credit program teaching English language skills to prepare F-1 students for credit courses. In the process, students learn American culture and history.
- Coordination and implementation of international study abroad agreements and scholarship programs, providing students with exciting opportunities to travel and take courses in other countries.
- Development and coordination of customized international education and training programs for the UHCC system in areas such as short and medium-term intensive and specialized English training, American and Hawaiian culture, culinary arts, hospitality, health sciences, and information technology.
- Coordination of protocol activities, including visits by international delegations and UHCC system-wide seminars and conferences.
- Maintenance of the International Café, providing opportunities to meet students from other countries and cultures. It is a place to give and receive knowledge and enrichment in areas such as languages, crafts, computing, and sports.
For more information, see "Honda International Center" and "Honda International Center Staff" under the Related Links section.