The Advanced Pharmacy Technician Program is a 60-hour non-credit program that prepares pharmacy technicians to work in hospitals and other specialized pharmacies.
A student who achieves a minimum of 70% will earn the Certificate of Competence from Kapi‘olani Community College (Kapi‘olani CC).
October 11 – November 29
Admission into the program is on a FIRST QUALIFIED, FIRST ACCEPTED basis. The program has limited enrollment and you are strongly encouraged to register early to secure a seat.
To be eligible for entry into this program, the student must meet one of the following:
- Be a Kapi‘olani CC Pharmacy Technician graduate, or
- Have a minimum of six months of work experience as a pharmacy technician, or
- Be currently PTCB certified.
Eligibility will be confirmed after registration.
Enroll through Online Registration.
You may also pay in person at Manono 113 at the Non-Credit Registration Office on campus. Once full payment has been received, you are enrolled in the program.
The textbook is included in the registration fee.
Curriculum & Tuition
October 11 to November 29
Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays 6-9pm
$995: minus $800 Tuition
Total: $195 (Subsidy)
Kapi‘olani Community College – Room TBA
Note: We reserve the right to cancel the course due to insufficient enrollment and other pertinent factors. All course dates, times, location and other information may change with or without prior notice to students.
Upon satisfactory completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the day-to-day functions, capabilities, personnel, workflow, regulatory requirements, etc. of a hospital-based pharmacy department
- Demonstrate an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of each member of the professional pharmacy team
- Demonstrate an understanding of the mathematical principles utilized by hospital pharmacy technicians
- Demonstrate the skills needed for sterile and non-sterile compounding procedures, including equipment, supplies, etc.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the medication reconciliation/medication therapy management (MTM) process
Certificates & National Certification
Students successfully completing the course will receive a Certificate of Competence from Kapi‘olani CC.