Certificate of Competence – Adult Residential Care Home Operator Training
Program Student Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Function as a member of the Adult Residential Care Home team, operating under the rules and regulations of Chapter 100.1.
- Provide safe, simple basic nursing care to the residents of the Adult Residential Care Home.
- Use correct lines of communication when interacting with resident and regulatory and resource personnel.
- Recognize the legal and ethical responsibility of the Adult Residential Care Home Operator.
- Recognize the resident’s rights and responsibilities.
- Assume accountability for own actions and behavior.
- Identify the basic needs of a person in health and illness.
- Recognize the major physical changes in structure and function of the body, especially with aging.
- Provide care that is culturally sensitive.
- Recognize and report significant changes in the resident’s mental and physical health status.
- State the requirements for physical care for the terminally ill resident and ways to provide emotional support.