Program Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of the Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certificate of Competence program, the student should be able to:
- Apply and possess the knowledge, skills, and critical thinking necessary for an entry-level Emergency Medical Technician required to ensure scene safety, effectively assess patient(s), make critical decisions, competently treat patient(s), safely extricate and appropriately transport patients in a variety of settings.
- Effectively communicate, interact and work appropriately with patients, family members, bystanders, fellow emergency workers, EMS partners/colleagues, hospital health care providers, and supervisors.
- Display proficiency managing emergencies on scene and identifying coping strategies to manage longterm stress.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behavior as an EMS health care provider.
- Incorporate knowledge of multicultural perspectives to meet the needs of diverse populations.
- Develop effective treatment plans that ensure consistent high quality patient care, cognizant of EMS’ role within a larger continuum of care.