Liberal Arts Program FAQ’s

Should I pursue KCC’s liberal arts degree?

Yes, if you intend to transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor’s degree.

At which four-year universities would KCC’s AA degree meet the general education requirements?

At the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, and University of Hawaiʻi Hilo. Please check directly with colleges and universities outside the UH system to see how KCC’s AA degree meets general education requirements.

When can I apply for the program?

In the fall and spring semester

What degrees and certificates do you offer?

The associate in arts degree (AA)

Do I need to maintain a certain grade and grade point average in these courses?

Yes. To earn an AA, you must earn a grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 (“C” average) or higher for all required courses.

What were the requirements in previous years?

For requirements in past years, contact a program counselor or view the previous online catalogs.

Kapi‘olani Community College x