The Kapiʻolani CC marketing program offers an associate in science (AS) degree and five certificates, including the certificate in entrepreneurship. The purpose of the program is to prepare students for entry-level marketing-oriented careers such as advertising, public relations, product and service management, retail management, international marketing, marketing research, and sales. The program is designed for students with little to no experience in marketing as well as for those already working in the field seeking to enhance their skill set.
The Associate in Science, Marketing degree articulates to the University of Hawai‘i-West O‘ahu towards the Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Business Administration, Marketing (effective Fall 2010).
Degree and Certificate Programs
- Associate in Science – Marketing
The AS degree in Marketing has been Stopped Out and is no longer accepting new majors.
- Certificate of Achievement – Retail Management
The Certificate of Achievement in Retail Management has been Stopped Out and is no longer accepting new majors.
- Certificate of Competence – Customer Service
The Certificate of Competence in Customer Service has been Stopped Out and is no longer accepting new majors.
- Certificate of Competence - Management (9 credits)The Certificate of Competence in Management is a practice-based program designed for the student whose goal is to be a professional manager and who has minimal or no experience in business management. This certificate is appropriate for upgrading managerial skills of industry members or for a focus in marketing and provides a means to the Associate in Science degree in Marketing.
The Certificate of Competence in Management is still accepting new majors.
- Certificate of Competence – Retailing
The Certificate of Competence in Retailing has been Stopped Out and is no longer accepting new majors.
Potential Careers and Employers
- Careers: Graduates of the associate in science (AS) degree in marketing may be eligible for entry-level positions in advertising, customer relations, customer service, e-commerce, events planning, management, merchandising, public relations, retailing and wholesaling. Certificate recipients may be eligible for entry-level positions in specific marketing and management areas.
- Employers: The United States Department of Labor publishes the Occupational Outlook Handbook with additional information about careers in marketing.
I really appreciate the faculty’s support in getting my first marketing job where I was able to use the sales, marketing and merchandising strategies I learned in class.