Scholarships available for CORE Program students:
CORE Program students are encouraged to apply for the CORE 1+1 Scholarship and Stipend. This is a competitive scholarship, which includes a semesterly stipend. Awarding of stipends depends on the number of students who apply each semester and the availability of funds.
Eligibility for receiving the Scholarship & Stipend:
- Complete CORE Intake and Commitment Forms.
- Be a U.S. citizen, legal resident or Compact Partner.
- Show evidence of a 2.75 GPA through high school transcripts or after completion of one full-time (12+ credits) semester of courses (100-level or above).
- Be enrolled in one of the four CORE programs (SLT, Education, Special Education, Deaf Education, or Interpreter Education).
- Be able to meet the requirements of the CORE 1+1 Stipend Agreement Form and CORE 1+1 Service Obligation Form.
- Register for at least 6 credits per semester during scholarship period.
CORE 1+1 application process for all CORE Program students:
- Step 1: COMPLETE and SUBMIT online CORE Intake Form*
- Step 2: DOWNLOAD, PRINT OUT, SIGN, and SUBMIT hard copy CORE Commitment Form*
- Step 3: DOWNLOAD, READ CAREFULLY, COMPLETE by typing, PRINT OUT, SIGN and SUBMIT hard copy Application for CORE 1 + 1 Stipend*
For CORE Program students who receive the CORE 1+1 Scholarship & Stipend:
- Step 4: DOWNLOAD, COMPLETE by typing, PRINT OUT, SIGN, and SUBMIT hard copy CORE Stipend Agreement*
- Step 5: DOWNLOAD, COMPLETE in handwriting, SIGN and SUBMIT WH-1 Federal Tax Form*
- Step 6: DOWNLOAD, READ CAREFULLY, COMPLETE by typing, PRINT OUT, SIGN, and SUBMIT hard copy CORE Service Obligation Form*
* All forms can be found at the SLT Program Toolbox below.
Download forms & documents at the SLT Program Toolbox.