Advanced Placement Credit

Through high school AP courses or independent study, high school students have the opportunity to earn credits at Kapi‘olani Community College (KCC) by taking standardized subject exams administered by the College Board. For more information, see “College Board AP Test” or “College Board Tests” under the Related Links section.

Letter grades are not granted. Instead, “CR” (credit) is used and will not be calculated into your grade point average.

Minimum Scores for College Credit

The minimum score depends on the exam taken. KCC accepts the same AP exams, minimum scores, and course waivers and equivalencies as the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa. For more information, go to “UHM Advanced Placement Exams” under the Related Links section.


  • To receive credits, an official copy of your scores must be sent to KISC and a completed Transcript Evaluation Request Form submitted. You can view, fill out, and print this form in PDF format if you have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. Scores will be reviewed appropriate credits awarded.
  • It is recommended to have your scores evaluated when you start KCC.
  • Check with your program counselor to see how these credits may be used toward meeting degree requirements.

Kapi‘olani Community College x