The Dual Credit provides an opportunity for high school students to earn both high school and college credits simultaneously.
Please view House Bill 95 for more detailed information about Dual Credit.
Dual Credit Checklist
What to do now:
- Talk with your high school counselor about Dual Credit.
- Complete the Early Admit application (for private and homeschooled students) or the Dual Credit application at http://www.hawaii.edu/dualcredit (for Department of Education students).
- Complete the UH System application at http://apply.hawaii.edu.
- Select “Early Admit, Running Start, and Jump Start” as your “Planned Course of Study”.
- Complete the Title IX and Mandatory Reporting form and submit it to your high school counselor.
- Get a UH ID number at ‘Ilima 102.
- Take the Placement Test.
- The Placement Test schedule is located at http://www2.hawaii.edu/~kcctest.
- Prospective Dual Credit students MUST place into at least ENG 100 and MATH 82 to be eligible
- Submit MMR and TB shot records.
- TB shot records can’t be more than a year old from the time of enrollment.
- If eligible, ALL documents must be submitted BY THE DEADLINE.
- Summer is March 15th, Fall is April 1st, and Spring is November 1st.
All eligible students will receive an acceptance e-mail or letter outlining their next steps. Questions? Contact Kuilei Outreach Program at (808) 734-9399, (808) 734-9842, or email@example.com.