Step 1: Check Application Deadlines
|Spring 2017||Summer 2016||Fall 2016|
|First day of Instruction||January 9, 2017||May 23, 2016||August 22, 2016|
|Application Deadline||December 9, 2016||April 22, 2016||July 22, 2016|
In order to avoid any postal delays students may request to pick up an I-20 in person. It is also highly recommended that students who do not have an F-1 visa apply for one as early as possible. (Prospective students may want to consider making an appointment for an F-1 visa interview with the U.S. Embassy before being accepted.)
Step 2: Submit the University of Hawaiʻi System Application Form
Step 3: Submit the Supplemental information form
Step 4: $25 Nonresident Application fee and $75 ESOL197 Intensive English Program Reservation Fee
- Nonresident Application Fee and ESOL197 Intensive English Program Reservation Fee
Fees are non-refundable and may not be transferred to alternate term or applicant
Step 5: Minimum entrance scores on admission test*
Official Kapi‘olani CC Admission Tests
|College Program||iBT 61||2級A|
|ESOL 197 Intensive English Program||iBT 32||準2級|
英検 (EIKEN) tests are available at KCC campus: http://www.step-eiken.org/hawaii/
Other Acceptable Admission Tests
|ESOL 197 Intensive English Program||430||A2||PET||4.0||150|
For more information:
- International English Language Testing System CAMBRIDGE IELTS
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB)
- Society for Teaching English Proficiency EIKEN/STEP Test
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC)
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (CAMBRIDGE General English)
* If you have taken a different Admissions Test, please contact the Honda International Center.
** TOEFL comes in three flavors: Internet-based (iBT), Computer-based (CBT), and Paper-based (PBT). KCC’s school TOEFL code is 4377.
- Test score must be taken within 2 years of the beginning date of the semester.
- An in-house placement test must be taken after your arrival at KCC.
- Even though you have been accepted to the Credit KCC program based on these tests, there is a possibility that you may be recommended for Non-Credit ESOL Program due to the placement test result.
Step 6: Financial Capability
Submit an Official Bank Statement or an Affidavit of Financial Support guaranteeing that no financial assistance will be needed and no employment will be required. Tuition and Living expenses such as housing and food are approximately $24,000.
Step 7: Transfer Students from Another School
Only for students who are transferring to Kapiʻolani Community College from another U.S. school within 5 months from your previous school end date.
Student Copy of I-20
Submit front and back of copy of your current I-20 form.
Verification of Enrollment
Submit Verification of Enrollment Form to the office that certifies enrollment (Normally the records or Registrar’s Office) at the college/university you are currently attending.
Step 8: Copy of passport (photo and name page)
Step 9: Mail application materials to:
Kapiʻolani Community College
Honda International Center
4303 Diamond Head Road
Honolulu, HI 96816
You should receive your I-20 within 3 weeks. If you did not hear from us within 3 weeks, please contact us immediately.
Honda International Center provides services, activities, and support for international students.