Student Housing Options

On-Campus Housing

As a commuter campus, Kapi‘olani Community College (Kapi‘olani CC) does not provide on-campus housing.

The UH Mānoa campus has limited accommodations for students registered at UH system colleges on O‘ahu. These students must be enrolled in a degree or certificate program and be registered for a minimum of twelve credit hours while in residence. They are placed, however, after all Mānoa applicants are accommodated. Since Mānoa is a residential as well as commuter campus, their students are given priority.

For more information, see “UHM Student Housing” under the Related Links section.

Off-Campus Housing

Student Housing Referral System (SHRS)

The SHRS Program exists to provide off-campus housing referral information to students formally accepted into the Kapi‘olani Community College System. Kapi‘olani CC encourages students seeking housing to reference the UHM Housing Referral Website for detailed information (see Related Links section).

SHRS is also currently looking to compile a database of available housing in the community. Should you have a room for rent please print out the “Room Available Form” and fax or mail to the Honda International Center.

Kapi‘olani Community College SHRS Program exists for purposes of referral as provided by Honda International Center (HIC). HIC does not investigate, guarantee, or endorse the accuracy of any listing referrals, the quality of the facility listed or the listed individuals, companies and firms cataloged in the SHRS Program. Any agreement students may enter into is solely between or amongst the involved parties. A listing on the Kapi‘olani Community College website does not indicate that either HIC nor KCC approval or endorsement of any kind. Furthermore, the SHRS Program requests that all students secure housing by means of personal initiative and not through Kapi‘olani CC outside of the provided referral service.

Other Options

There are various housing options such as private dormitories, private rentals, hostels, hotels, etc. In the lobby outside the Kapi‘olani Community College Bookstore in the ‘Ō‘hia building, the Office of Student Activities (OSA) maintains a bulletin board for housing ads. Furthermore, the Paul S. Honda International Center, ‘Iliahi 107 also has a current listing of available housing for your reference. For more information please contact:

Paul S. Honda International Center
‘Iliahi 107
Tel: (808) 734-9312
Fax: (808) 734-9454

For additional rental listings, please see below:

Financial Aid Issues

Housing costs are included in the Financial Aid Cost of Attendance budget for students living with parents, in UH dorms, or in off-campus accommodations. If you are a financial aid recipient, you must inform the Kekaulike Information and Service Center, Financial Aid section, about any changes in your housing situation.

Options for International Students

International Students looking for a Homestay or a temporary Hotel stay can contact the Honda International Center for assistance.

Student Housing Referral System – Room Available Form, Honda International Center (PDF Form)
For Students / Landlords with Rooms for Rent

Kapi‘olani Community College x