Transfer Credits

Transfer Admissions

A transfer student is any student who will be attending Kapi‘olani Community College (KCC) and has previously attended another college or university. The steps below outline the process of applying to KCC as a transfer student. If this will be your first time attending college, refer to the instructions on the General Admissions (Note: Find later) page.

Step 1: Review the Application Deadlines

Step 2: Complete the Online Application Form

  • There is no application fee for Hawai‘i Residents. For all non-resident students, there is a $25.00 non-refundable, non-transferrable application fee.
  • For more information on Residency for Tuition Purposes, review the Residency Regulations.
  • Be sure to list all the colleges and universities you have attended on the online application form.

Step 3: Check your Email

  • Be sure to check the email account for the email address you listed on your application. Important emails may be sent to your email requesting more information to complete your application.
  • Your acceptance letter will also be sent to the email address you listed on your application.

For more information on the steps to enroll after you have been accepted to KCC, please visit the Transfer-Year Experience website.

Change of Home Institution Form

If you are currently attending another campus within the University of Hawai‘i (UH) System (UH Manoa, UH Hilo, UH West-Oahu, UH Maui College, Hawai‘i Community College, Honolulu Community College, Leeward Community College, Kaua‘i Community College, or Windward Community College), DO NOT complete the online University of Hawai‘i System Application Form. Instead, you should complete the Change of Home Institution Form to transfer to KCC. Updating your home institution is an important step if you are planning on receiving financial aid using Veterans’ Affairs assistance.

Transferring Credits

To transfer credits to Kapi‘olani Community College (KCC) from a college or university outside the UH system:

  • Send official transcripts for all NON-UH System institutions, Advanced Placement (AP), and College-Level Examinatioin Program (CLEP) credits to the Kekaulike Information and Service Center (KISC), 4303 Diamond Head Road, Ilima 102, Honolulu, HI 96816 for EACH college, university, and/or test you have previous attended or completed. Hand-carried or faxed transcripts and scores will not be accepted. Official transcripts for UH System institutions are not needed and will automatically be evaluated.
  • If you completed Advanced Placement (AP) or College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) courses,
  • Once you have been accepted, be sure to submit the online intent to enroll form.

You should also have unofficial copies of your transcripts for academic advising and registration purposes.

Evaluation Policies

KCC accepts credits from institutions fully accredited by U.S. regional accrediting associations, provided that such credits are substantially equivalent to courses at KCC and have been completed with a grade of “D” (not “D-“) or better.

Only course credits are accepted in transfer. Grades and grade points from other institutions do not transfer. Please forward all transcript evaluation (both domestic and international) request inquiries to

Transfer Credit Websites

KCC uses the UH Transfer System Course Transfer Database website as a guide to evaluate general education credits. (Caution: the website is not routinely updated.)

For transfer credit information from within the UH system, please see Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs website, “UHM Articulated Courses” For more information, contact your program advisor. Program advisor information can be found in the Refer to the Advising & Counseling Directory.

KCC also uses the Advanced Placement (AP) and College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) guidelines for general education courses. Visit the UH Mānoa Guidelines for AP exams and the UH Mānoa Guidelines for CLEP for more information on credits or waivers awarded for AP

Transfer-Year Experience

The Transfer-Year Experience program can help you through your transition to Kapi‘olani Community College. For more information on each of the transfer process, visit the Transfer-Year Experience website.

Kapi‘olani Community College x