Transferring from other UH system campus

If you are currently attending another UH System school (UH Mānoa, Hilo, West O‘ahu or any of the Community Colleges in Hawai‘i), follow these easy steps to get started at Kapi‘olani  Community College:


Step 1: Submit the Change of Home Institution Form

The Change of Home Institution Form (PDF) allows us to change your official record to reflect Kapiʻolani  CC as your “home institution.” Your home institution should be the campus in which you intend on receiving your degree and any financial support (i.e. financial aid, veterans benefits). Submit this form via:

1) Fax (808) 734-9896

2) In Person: Kekaulike Information Service Center (KISC) in Ilima 102

3) Mail to:

Admissions; Kekaulike Information Service Center, Ilima 102; 4303 Diamond Head Road; Honolulu, HI 96816

Step 2. Are you currently receiving Financial Aid or Veterans Benefits?

If you are currently receiving Financial Aid, notify the Financial Aid Office at your current institution that you will be attending Kapiʻolani  CC for the next term. You will need to update your FAFSA on and include KCC’s school code, 001613, so that your FAFSA information will be forwarded to KCC’s Financial Aid office for review.

If you are receiving Veterans Benefits, notify the VA Coordinator at your current campus that you will be transferring to Kapiʻolani  CC. Visit our Records Office for required forms to receive aid through Kapiʻolani  CC.

Additional financial aid information, scholarships and forms are available from our Financial Aid Office.

Once Accepted, you will be notified by email (Check your email first, if applicable)

Step 3. Meet with an Academic Counselor

An academic counselor can access your previous course information through our computer system to provide an unofficial evaluation of courses. The academic counselor can then recommend courses for you to take for the upcoming semester.

Step 4. Register for Courses

Students can register online for courses by logging on to MyUH Portal. Your current UH username and password will still apply.

If you forgot your password and secret questions, you can resolve it online via MyUH, or visit the Library Help Desk in Lama 101 for assistance.

Step 5. Transfer Credits

If you have taken courses at another institution outside of the UH system, complete the Transcript Evaluation Request Form (PDF) and submit to the Records Office for an official transcript evaluation.

Step 6. Pay your tuition and fees by the posted deadline

Step 7. Purchase your books and supplies

Kapiʻolani CC Bookstore (located on the ground floor of Building the Ohi’a building) to purchase your textbooks. Store hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 3:30 pm.

And finally, go to class!!!

Kapi‘olani Community College x