Commencement vs Graduation
While it is often referred to as “Graduation”, Commencement is a ceremony to celebrate those students who have or are projected to complete their graduation requirements over the recent academic period.
Graduation is the term used to mark the successful and official completion of a student’s graduation requirements for their chosen academic degrees and/or certificates. Degrees/certificates must be applied for at the Kekaulike Center – Graduation Section.
Dates to remember
- Tuesday, February 28, 2023 – Graduate Mixer/Alumni Panel at Ohia Cafeteria and Ohia 118
- Thursday and Friday, April 13 and 14, 2023 – GRAD Fest on Makahiapo/The Great Lawn and Ohia Cafeteria
- Friday, May 12, 2023 – Commencement Celebration at Kapi‘olani Community College. Time to be determined.
- Friday, May 12, 2023 – Diploma/Degree Application must be submitted to be awarded your degree/certificate.
Friday, May 12, 2023 @ Kapi‘olani CC Campus
The 2022-23 Commencement Celebration will be held on campus.
What do you need to do?
- Register for commencement: Graduates who have successfully completed their Application for Degree/Certificate with Kekaulike (KISC) will receive an email with instructions on how to Register for Commencement. This email will be sent out in a few months.
- Instructions: You will be receiving email messages from the Commencement Team with detailed instructions and information.
Purchase or rent a cap & gown
The Kapi’olani Bookstore will be selling Cap & Gown sets and Honor Cords. Kapi‘olani CCʻs Phi Theta Kappa will be renting out caps and gowns for a fee. Detailed information will be posted later.
For any questions regarding the commencement ceremony and grad activities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.