Applying for Degree/Certificate
To ensure the official awarding of your degree or certificate from our College, be sure to follow the steps below:
- Review your STAR to ensure that you have met all requirements and are eligible to graduate.
- Complete the online Application for Degree/Certificate form by the last day of instruction for the semester in which you are applying to be awarded. Each application submission will incur a non-refundable $25 diploma fee.
- Starting Spring 2022, current graduates will receive the following: 1) Diploma Cover, 2) Diploma [Printed in English and Hawaiian], and 3) CeDiploma [Certified Electronic Diploma]
- After receiving a confirmation email that your application has been processed, log in to MyUH Services to pay your diploma fee.
- Check your Hawaii.edu email account 8-10 weeks after the last day of the semester for updates on your diploma/award status.
NOTE: You do not receive your diploma or diploma cover at the commencement ceremony. Because final grades will not be available by commencement, the conferring of degrees at the ceremony is provisional, pending verification that degree requirements have been met.
Starting in the Spring 2022 semester, all diplomas will be mailed to the mailing address on file approximately 10 weeks after the end of the semester and are mailed via USPS. Students are responsible for ensuring their mailing address is correct in their MyUH Services by the last day of their graduating semester.
NOTE: Students who have international mailing addresses will include additional shipping costs and will be contacted by email with more information.
Should a student need proof of their degree prior to the release of their diploma, they should request an Official Transcript. Please be sure to select the option to send official transcripts “After Degree is Awarded”.
Diplomas and transcripts will not be released if you have a financial obligation hold on your account. If you have any questions on your financial obligation hold, please contact the Cashier’s Office.
|Award Semester||Release Date|
|Fall||February (following year)|
Copy of Diplomas
To order a copy of your diploma(s), please visit the Paradigm Reorder Module.
Please keep in mind of the following when ordering copies of your diploma:
- Your degree must be officially awarded.
- If you have any outstanding financial obligation holds on your account, your request will not be processed.
- The fee for replacement diplomas is $25 and includes both an English and a Hawaiian diploma with one diploma cover.
- Please allow 8-10 weeks for processing. Diplomas will be in the current format with signatures of current university officials.
- Hawaiian language diplomas are only available to Kapi‘olani CC graduates who earned degrees from Spring 1995 to present. The graduate’s name, degree, major, as well as official university signatures, appear in English.
Kapi‘olani CC is excited to announce the transition to our new diploma vendor Paradigm.