Engage your school pride & your creative super powers!
Celebrating our 75th Anniversary!
T-shirt design contest: $1,500 Scholarship Award
Deadline: Friday, March 26, 2021
Kapiʻolani Pride T-Shirt Design Contest Rules & Guidelines
- Contest is limited to current students at Kapi‘olani Community College that are enrolled at least part-time and have Kapi‘olani Community College as their home campus. The design may also be created and submitted by a team with a maximum of five (5) people. You or your team may submit as many designs as you like.
2. Grand Prize
- One (1) design will be selected for printing on the 2021-2022 Kapi‘olani Community College Pride T-Shirt
- The winning individual or team will receive a $1,500 scholarship award for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- One (1) runner-up individual or team will receive a $1,000 scholarship award for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Gift cards and promotional items are non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed. No remuneration will be provided.
3. Design Specifications
- Design must include the phrase “Kapi‘olani Pride” and the name Kapi‘olani Community College somewhere in the design. The official Kapi‘olani Community College logo and/or Hawai‘i (kapap) logotype must NOT be used. Any other font is permissible.
- In this contest year, the Kapi‘olani Community College is celebrating its 75th Anniversary. The theme is “Ā mau ke kukui” – (translation – the light continues to burn/shine). Please incorporate this theme concept into your Kapi‘olani Pride design.
- Design should be submitted in black and/or white only. Design is for the front of the shirt only and may encompass a maximum area of 17 inches wide by 20 inches high (a vertical rectangle). T-shirts will be printed in a single color on a shirt.
- Design may not use recognizable individual/student-athletes and may not reference a specific athletic team. Use of the word “Warrior” or any other reference may need approval from the University of Hawai‘i Licensing and/or the University of Hawai‘i Athletics.
- Design may not include any of the following: alcohol, tobacco, drugs, weapons/firearms, cultural and/or religious elements, sexist, religious and/or racial statements; portray the University in a negative light; impugn other universities; imply an endorsement of a business, social, political, religious or economic movement, activity program or group; or other non-university trademarks
4. Submission Process
- Submit final artwork by Friday, March 26, 2020 with your name, phone number and HAWAII.EDU email to: email@example.com. You may also email any questions to this email address. Digital entries only. Total email size must be under 10MB. You may also use a file drop service.
- High resolution images in .ai format are preferred. We will also accept vector artentries in the following formats: .eps, .cdr, .pdf, .svg and .wmf
- Please ensure all text is converted to paths, curves or outlines; or that all font files used in the artwork are also supplied. Please ensure all placed raster images are either embedded in the vector file or include the raster images along with the vector file. There should be no embedded bitmap images (jpg, tif, bmp). Use spot colors only with no half-tones.
- We cannot accept hand drawing, PowerPoint images or files in any other format than those specified above.
- We will not share your personal contact information without your permission.
5. Judging Process
- Design Deadline: Friday, March 26, 2021
First Round Judging: April 5, 2021 – April 9, 2021
Final Online Judging: April 12 – April 23, 2021
Announcement of Winner: Week of April 26th
- First Round Judging: Several of the top designs will be selected by a panel consisting of students, staff and faculty and then shared with University of Hawai‘i Licensing for review and approval.
- Final Online Judging: Licensing-approved selections will be posted online on the Kapi‘olani Community College website for students, faculty and staff voting from April 12, 2021 through April 23, 2021. The design with the most online votes will be the winner. In case of a tie, another poll on the Kapi‘olani Community College website will be conducted to determine a single winner.
6. Publicity Consent
- By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant the University of Hawaiʻi Bookstores and UH Campus Services exclusive permission to use their names, photographs, voices, submitted designs and likenesses in connection with the promotion of this and other contests. They waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
- The design(s) must be your own or our groupʻs original, unpublished work and must not include any third-party logos or copyrighted material. By entering the competition, you agree that the submission is your own work.
- The winning graphic will become the property of the University of Hawaiʻi and may be used in any context and/or medium. If your design is selected, you will be asked to sign a release form to that effect.
- Kapiʻolani Community College Pride T-Shirts will be available for purchase at the Kapiʻolani Community College Bookstore at the beginning of the academic year.
- The contest sponsors reserve the right to change or discontinue the contest at any time and/or extend the end date.