Kapi‘olani Community College provides opportunities to get involved in the campus community. There are several active RIOs (Registered Independent Organizations – student clubs and organizations) including those with academic, cultural, or social focuses. The Office of Student Activities (OSA) encourages all students to get involved in co-curricular activities as there are many benefits associated with these experiences. You can enhance your education, add experience to your resumé, learn to be a leader, strengthen your leadership, and develop personally and professionally. If there is not an existing RIO for your interests, then start a new RIO! All you need is four KapCC students and a staff/faculty advisor. Come by the OSA office at ‘Iliahi 126 for more information, or call 734-9576. Get involved!
Registered Independent Organization renewal and/or registration is in progress. To register a new organization or renew an organization from last year, please fill out this form. The deadline to register a new organization or renew is Monday, October 26, 2020. Thank you! For any questions, please email email@example.com.
2020 – 2021 Registered Independent Organizations
- The Psychology Club at KCC – Provide extracurricular activities, academic support, social networking, and enriching activities related to the field of Psychology for KCC students. You can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ecology Club – Get students to know about Hawaii’s ecology and uniqueness.
Volunteer activities for conservation, restoration and preservation of Hawaii’s ecosystems. Outreach event to raise awareness about current environmental challenges. Connect students to resources on campus (KCC and Mānoa). You can contact them at email@example.com.
- Health and Medicine Association (HĀMA) – HĀMA’s mission is to provide opportunities and resources to any student interested in professions within the health and medical field at KCC. You can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student Nurse Association – To provide an opportunity for KCC nursing students to organize for the purposes representing themselves to the public through health education on campus and in the community, to promote the nursing profession, and to work with other professional health care organizations. You can contact them at email@example.com.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to create/restart an organization this year and we will assist you. Mahalo!