Kapi‘olani Community College provides opportunities to get involved in the campus community. There are several active RIOs (Registered Independent Organizations – student clubs and organizations) including those with academic, cultural, or social focuses. The Office of Student Activities (OSA) encourages all students to get involved in co-curricular activities as there are many benefits associated with these experiences. You can enhance your education, add experience to your resumé, learn to be a leader, strengthen your leadership, and develop personally and professionally. If there is not an existing RIO for your interests, then start a new RIO! All you need is four KapCC students and a staff/faculty advisor. Come by the OSA office at ‘Iliahi 126 for more information, or call 734-9576. Get involved!
Registered Independent Organization renewal and/or registration is in progress. To register a new organization or renew an organization from last year, please fill out this form. The deadline to register a new organization or renew is Monday, October 26, 2020. Thank you! For any questions, please email email@example.com.
2021 – 2022 Registered Independent Organizations
- Rad Tech Club (RTC): To promote the profession of Radiologic Technology. You can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ecology Club: Get students to know about Hawai`i’s ecology and uniqueness. Participate in volunteer activities for conservation, restoration, and preservation of Hawai‘i’s ecosystems. Engage in an outreach event to raise awareness about current environmental challenges. Connect students to resources on campus (KapCC and Manoa). You can contact them at email@example.com
- The Psychology Club at KapCC: Provides extracurricular activities, academic support, social networking, and enriching activities related to the field of Psychology for KapCC students. You can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Student Nurse Association at KCC: Provides nursing students opportunities to represent themselves to the public through health education on campus, in the community, promote the nursing profession, and work with other health care organizations You can contact Christy Ujimore, President, at email@example.com.
- Health and Medicine Association (HĀMA): Provides opportunities in service and leadership while presenting education and resources for the numerous pathways available to students at KCC. You can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to create/restart an organization this year and we will assist you. Mahalo!