Need Help? Ask a Peer Mentor.
The Student Success Peer Mentor Program is here for you! Our peers are students in the UH system just like you, who understand the trials and tribulations of being a student. They are empathetic, patient, and knowledgeable resources who can steer you in the “right direction.”
The Peer Mentors serve as the “Ho‘okele,” which is the Hawaiian word for “Navigator.” Our mission is to guide you and provide the support you need to reach student engagement, learning, and achievement.
We offer assistance regarding:
- general campus information (offices, counselors, services, resources, events, etc.)
- getting you started with financial aid/admissions/course registration
- using technological programs (the KCC website, Laulima, MyUH Portal, online tutoring, STAR, ʻImiloa, Microsoft Office applications, etc.)
- . . . or we are available if you just need someone to talk to
We have 2 general “Ho‘okele Help Desks” on campus to assist you:
- Kahikoluamea (‘Iliahi 231)
- Lama Library (near the librarians’ reference desk)
Our peers can also be found at the following locations:
- Kekaulike Information and Service Center (KISC) (‘Ilima 102)
- First Year Experience Office (FYE) (‘Iliahi 124)
- Honda International Center (‘Iliahi 107)
- Maida Kamber Center (‘Ilima 104)
- Office of Student Activities (‘Iliahi 126)
- Hospitality & Tourism Labs (Olapa 113 & 115)
- Kuilei High School Outreach (‘Iliahi 127)
- various Secrets of Success (SOS) & in-class workshops
Because we offer such a wide array of support services, we may not have the answer to every question on hand, but we will help you find a solution/answer to your concern. As a part of the KCC Ohana, we must all remember to Kūlia I Ka Nu‘u.
Our Peer Mentors are here to support YOU!