What we expect of you
- Recognize that advising is a shared responsibility
- Come to appointments prepared with questions and/or topics to discuss
- Track your academic progress using advising tools such as STAR, the KCC and other college websites and college catalogs.
- Seek assistance from counselors instructors and/or mentors about issues and concerns that are affecting your academic progress.
- Understand and follow college policies, procedures and important dates and deadlines as appropriate.
- Seek out and use the college services and resources available to you.
What you should expect from us
- Maintain professional integrity, confidentiality, respect, support and sensitivity in advising.
- Empower students to be independent, resourceful thinkers who will accept responsibility for their decisions.
- Assist students in developing an educational plan utilizing STAR towards graduation and/or transfer
- Help students clarify their educational and/or career goals based on their interest, values, and strengths
- Clarify academic policies, college regulations, program requirements, procedures, and other college information.
- Refer students to appropriate campus, system and community resources and services.
- Respect students’ individual needs and diversity.