The mission of the International Student Program is to promote international students’ personal and academic growth and development and inspire self-efficacy and learning to positively impact student success through collaborative services that facilitate their integration into the campus and advocates to all areas of the institution for the diverse needs of international students.
We work with students to engage, support, and empower the whole student through intentional, proactive counseling strategies. We seek to enhance international students’ sense of belonging and to fully engage them into campus life and services while providing the needed support that addresses their risk factors and empowers them to reach their highest potential.
We provide counseling and educational programs in areas such as:
- U.S. classroom expectations and college skills
- Cultural adjustment support
- Navigating through the U.S. college system
- Decision-making and personal guidance
- Engaging with the campus and community
- Honda International Center – Access international admissions, F-1 visa / I-20 related support services, and international transcript evaluation
- Office of Student Activities – Access to student organizations, activities, and related resource support
- Study Hub -Get support in all levels of writing and math from student mentors and faculty volunteers
- Ka‘au Program for Student Mental Health and Wellness – Access essential resources and counseling services for student mental health and wellness
- Sexual Respect and Title IX – Get confidential support and/or report student concerns regarding Title IX offenses.
- Health and Safety – Access a strong support system for student health and safety including campus security: (808) 734-9900
International Student Community Resources
Online Tools for Students
- KapCC Forms – Access forms such as Enrollment Verification, Request for Transcript, Application for Graduation and more
- Course Catalog – Access general information on KapCC programs, course descriptions, prerequisites and/or co-requisites, college policies
- STAR – Track degree progress, academic planner, what if journeys, registration, and transcripts
- Class Availability – Access classes offered at KapCC
- Academic Calendar – Access academic calendar by semester
- UH Faculty/Staff Directory – Access contact information for faculty and staff