To provide mental health and wellness services that support the well-being and academic and social-emotional growth of students; and to educate the campus community about mental health and wellness.
The Ka‘au Program provides confidential, personal counseling and community referral services to registered students. Counseling services are strength-based and solution focused to help students manage personal life issues and navigate their college experience. Ka‘au Program also offers in-class presentations and educational services to the campus community on topics relevant to mental health. Services are free and confidential. To schedule an appointment or for campus outreach requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734-9585.
Student Counseling Services include
- Personal Wellness Screenings: (Depression, Anxiety, Eating Disorders, Alcohol)
- Mental Health Screenings & Assessments
- Supportive short-term counseling
- Crisis counseling
- Referrals and linkage to community providers
- Case Management
- Social Skills Support
- Workshops or presentations to student groups
- Title IX Confidential Space
Outreach Services include
- Consultation with faculty, staff and administrators
- Tabling Events On-campus
- Classroom Presentations
The Wellness Center is staffed by a licensed mental health counselor and at times provides internship opportunities for master’s level interns.
- Office: (808) 734-9585
- Email: email@example.com
- Urgent Support: VCSA Office (808) 734-9522
Emergency: Call 911, then Campus Security (808) 734-9900 (or ext 9900)
After Hours: Ka‘au Program does not provide after-hours on-call services. If you need to talk to someone on an urgent basis you may choose to contact the following:
- Crisis Line of Hawaiʻi at (808) 832-3100
Crisis Line of Hawai’i handles all types of Mental Health Crisis and Questions 24 hours a day / 7 days a week and can respond appropriately to questions or concerns of Suicide, Dangerousness and other Mental Health Crisis.
- Crisis TEXT Line at 741741
Crisis TEXT Line is a national number. Crisis Counselors are on-hand to support and assist texters and can refer to local resources. Text “ALOHA” to 741741.