Mahalo for your interest in Kūlia ma Kapʻiolani – the Native Hawaiian CTE Project. The program is permanently closed as of November 1, 2018, due to a loss of federal funding.
If you are a Native Hawaiian CTE student in need of assistance, please check with your respective academic counselor as well as the Kapo’oloku Program for Native Hawaiian Student Success at email@example.com
Kūlia ma Kapi‘olani is a Native Hawaiian Career & Technical Education project sponsored by ALU LIKE, INC. and funded through a grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
Our goal is to assist Native Hawaiian students who are pursuing degrees in CTE programs to both graduate and find employment in their chosen fields.
KCC’s CTE Programs
- Culinary Arts
- Dental Assisting
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Information Technology
- Legal Secretary
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Mobile Intensive Care Technician
- New Media Arts
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Care Practitioner
Services to Students
- Funding for experiential opportunities such as conferences and added training
- Stipends for unpaid internships, practicum and clinical experiences
- Support for licensure and certification
- Financial aid and scholarship application assistance
- Job readiness services and workshops
- Peer mentoring
- Computer lab and laptop loans
Download forms & documents at the Native Hawaiian Student Success Toolbox.