International Games Week is coming soon! Play board games from around the world! Win prizes! Eat snacks! Make and keep your own international pins.
- Date & Time: Feb.10-12, 2015,11:00am to 3:00pm
- Location: Lama Library Foyer & Alcove
- Europe and the Americas (Tuesday February 10)
- Hawaiʻi and Oceania (Wednesday, February 11)
- Asia, Africa and the Middle East (Thursday February 12)
For each different game you play, you get a ticket for the daily prize drawing. Our prize sponsors include:
- Cafe Laufer
- Consolidated Theater
- Doris Duke’s Shangri-la Center for Islamic Arts & Culture
- Egan’s Fit Body Bootcamp
- Honolulu Museum of Art
- ʻIolani Palace
- Japanese Cultural Heritage Center
- JJ’s French Bistro and Cafe
- Kumu Kahua Theater
- Living Art Marine Center
- Manoa Heritage Center
- Queen Emma Summer Palace
- SEED Restaurant
The aim of the International Games Week is to encourage students to experience different cultures through games and food samples. Have you ever tried Marmite on toast soldiers, cool cucumber sandwiches from an English High Tea, Shangri-La Organic Green Tea, or Roasted Plantain Chips? Students will also get to make and keep their own pin using international symbols, cultural icons and phrases in different languages. Want to learn how to say Hello in Vietnamese, Spanish or Korean? How do cats meow in different languages – chic French cats say “miaou”!
- Food for this event is supported by a grant from OSA (Office of Student Affairs).
- The Library Game Collection was purchased using a Honda International Opportunity Grant.
- Tea provided by Shangri-La Tea.
- Handafuda Hawaii will be sharing their expertise.
Please contact Joy Oehlers (734-9352, email@example.com) if you are interested in volunteering or sponsoring.