Wednesday, Nov. 15
10:00-2:00 PM ‘Ohi’a Foyer/ ‘Ohi’a Cafeteria
- HONOLULU PASSPORT AGENCY Representatives of the US Passport Agency will be here to provide information on obtaining a US Passport.
- KOKI TAKEHARA – 11:00-12:00 PM Outside ‘Ohi’a Cafeteria
- AAJA NACHLE: COME, LET’S DANCE – Hawai’i’s only Bollywood and Indian Folk dance group, formally founded in September 2012 by Nada McClellan and . The group is known for their incredibly energetic and joyful choreographies and performances, which inspire everyone to move and be moved by the beauty and rhythm of the music. They choreograph Bollywood film songs, folk dances like Bhangra, Garba, Laavni, as well as fusion pieces with elements from classical and world dances.
Thursday, Nov. 16
10:00 -2:00 PM ‘Ohi’a Cafeteria — KapCC STUDENT CLUBS
- KapCC INTERNATIONAL CLUB International Club fosters intercultural understanding, friendship, and student leadership across diverse cultures.
- KapCC CHINESE CLUB Enjoy cultural presentations by the students of Chinese classes, exploring the language and culture of China.
- ESL STUDENTS IN NON ESL CLASSES “What helps you learn?” Adjusting to a new culture, starting college, and taking classes in a foreign language are challenges faced by KCC’s immigrant and international student population on a daily basis. How can we support these intrepid learners along their pathway to success? The ESL C4ward will share insights learned after conducting student focus groups.
- KapCC BAYANIHAN (FILIPINO) CLUB The Bayanihan Club promotes friendship among members, & develops civic consciousness. Visit the Filipino table to connect, engage and learn about Filipino culture and traditions through cultural presentations.
- KapCC FRENCH CLUB Visit the French table and sample bread, cheese and other French products presented by the students of the French language classes.
- KapCC ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS CLUB Support the EBC, which provides economics peer tutoring and hosts many speakers from the community for all students to attend.
- KapCC SPANISH CLUB Enjoy cultural presentations by the students of the Spanish language classes.
- KAPI’O NEWS Kapi’o News, the student newspaper of Kapi’olani Community College, invites you to visit its table.
11:00 -11:30 AM ‘Ohi’a Cafeteria
- THE RICH TRADITION OF SEVILLANAS Enjoy Sevillanas folk dance with KapCC students of Spanish.
10:30-11:00 AM Ohi’a Cafeteria
- ENERGY, PASSION & PURE HEARTS : HONOKA AND AZITA —Gaining worldwide attention for their electrifying performances, this ‘ukulele duo is emerging as one of the pre-eminent ‘ukulele players of the next generation. The girls recently recorded on the Island Style ‘Ukulele 2 album, which received the 2015 Nā Hoku Hanohano Award for Compilation Album of the Year, traveled throughout Japan, and were invited to perform at the 3rd Annual Czech ‘Ukulele Festival in Prague, receiving rave reviews from world renowned musicians to ‘ukulele enthusiasts from around the world.
11:00-1:00 PM ‘Ohi’a Foyer
- ETHNOMUSICOLOGY : A GLIMPSE INTO WORLD MUSIC Come and try out various world musical instruments. Presented by Beryl Yang and students of MUS107.
12:00 -12:30 AM ‘Ohi’a Cafeteria
- KOREAN CLUB: LET’S DANCE: Kpop is a diverse genre where people from all over the world enjoy. As Kpop grows more and more each day, many of us are connecting through that window. Here we bring you a performance that shows our love for kpop and the culture that Korea brings. Student performers are Isaiah Avilla, Kamryn Jantoc, and James Rafanan, Jr.
1:45-3:00 PM ‘Ohi’a Cafeteria
- JAPANESE CULTURE AND LANGUAGE WORKSHOPS Students of Japanese 290 and Japanese 297F will conduct mini workshops on a variety of topics. Participate in 3 of the 5 events, obtain the required stickers and walk away with omiyage (first 30 participants).
4:30-5:30 PM Kokio 202 STEM Center
- INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCES IN STEM: Students in the Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics (STEM) Program will present their recent international experiences in Japan, Africa, and Vanuatu. Students will share how STEM is informed through international collaboration and their own research & cultural experiences, including great photos.
For further information contact Dr. Carl Hefner email@example.com 734-9438