We’ve made some changes to the Kapi‘olani Community College website in keeping with our goal to make your online experience as smooth and painless as possible. To do that, we continue to put an emphasis on better navigation and online tools.
Take a look at some of the new additions and changes!
The first change can be seen at the top of every page. We’ve brought back our black “Resource Menu“, providing direct access to all the most commonly used tools, like MyUH, STAR and Laulima.
Our new “Main Menu” simplifies and speeds up your connection to some really important stuff! Applying to Kapi‘olani CC, Programs of Study, Student Services, Continuing Ed. And check out our new Paying for College section. We’ve worked hard to provide new information from our Cashier’s Office and Financial Aid. You get fast access to all you need to manage the financial side of being a student. Tuition & Fees, Cost of Attendance, Financial Aid and more!
And here’s the best part! Our site has always been usable on all mobile devices. But now, our new Drawer-Style Menu makes navigation easier than ever! We did away with that never-ending list of pages and created a menu that expands when you need it and snaps shut when you don’t. So simple…
If you wander to the bottom of a page on your mobile device, you can’t miss the new GIANT Menu Tabs to help you get where you need to go. Big-thumbed students, rejoice!!
You may have noticed this feature appear on Kapi‘olani CC as of a few weeks ago. But we’ve supercharged our new Class Availability Tool with some pretty awesome features! Our biggest challenge was to offer up all the information you need when checking for available classes. The tricky part was to make this information clearly accessible on all mobile devices. DONE!
- Course Descriptions now offer direct links to keep your search for classes on track.
- Seat Availability is color coded, putting your class options up front and easy to prioritize.
- Instructor Names are now directly linked to their corresponding directory listing.
- All Building Names have been corrected to include proper Hawaiian diacritical markings, and will soon be directly linked to the mobile Campus Map.
- Abbreviations will now reveal the full name or meaning when you hover over them.
- Days of the Week are clearer.
- Accessibility Issues – such as adjustments for Color Blindness – have been carefully corrected and upgraded.