On the one hand, as a financial aid applicant, you have the right to:
- Be informed about financial aid application procedures, cost of attendance, aid availability, and renewal requirements.
- Confidential protection of your financial aid records. The contents of your file are maintained in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Appeal decisions made by Kapiolani Community College (KCC) financial aid staff. Appeals should be submitted to Kekaulike Information and Service Center (KISC) financial aid section in writing.
On the other hand, you have the responsibility to:
- Complete applications accurately and on time.
- Read and understand all materials sent to you from the financial aid section and other agencies.
- Keep copies of all forms and materials submitted.
- Know and comply with the rules governing your aid programs.
- Comply with the provisions of any promissory note and all other agreements you sign.
- Inform KISC’s financial aid section of any previously unreported financial assistance from non-KCC sources.
- Register for the number of credits required and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Request personal assistance if you have questions or don’t understand the information provided to you.
- Use the award for school expenses, including tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and transportation.