Financial Aid Eligibility

Students meeting the following conditions may apply for Financial Aid:

Classified Status

You must be a CLASSIFIED student seeking a degree or certificate program (approved for Title IV funding by Department of Education) at Kapi‘olani Community College (KCC) and generally enrolled at least half-time, 6 credits.

Applicants who are Unclassified, Nurse’s Aid Training, Home Care Operators, Dental Assisting, Emergency Medical Technician (examples of programs which are not approved for Title IV funding but not limited to) will NOT be eligible for financial aid.

Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy

You must meet the requirements of KCC’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (SAPP).


You must be a U.S. citizen or national, citizen of the Trust Territories of the U.S., or an eligible non-citizen.

Dually Enrolled Students

(Students concurrently enrolled at KCC and another UH System campus)
Applicants taking at least 1 credit course at Kapi’olani Community College, KCC is your home institution, and will be concurrently enrolled at another UH system school may be eligible for financial assistance. You must meet with an academic advisor to complete the Dual Enrollment form to confirm that the credits will transfer back to KCC towards your current degree you are seeking.


  • You must be enrolled in at least 1 credit course at KCC.
  • You must complete the Concurrent Enrollment Form found in the Financial Aid Toolbox.

Only courses required for the KCC degree you are currently seeking and courses that you have not taken at KCC will be approved.

Kapi‘olani Community College x