Grievance Procedures

The process of addressing allegations of misconduct or acts of discrimination is described in the Academic Grievance Procedures. Download the fillable version of the Student Guide to the Academic Grievance Procedures. Paper copies are available at the Student Services Office, ‘Ilima 205.

Concerned students may first attempt to resolve the grievance on an informal level with the faculty member. Should the grievance not be resolved at this level, they then ask the appropriate department chair to review the case. If a satisfactory solution is not reached, an appeal to the Dean of the academic program may be made. If a satisfactory solution is still not reached, students have the right to request a hearing before the Academic Grievance Committee, a body of faculty and students. The decisions of the Academic Grievance Committee are final within the College.

Students may also file complaints of discrimination with the Seattle Office, Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Dept. of Education, 915 Second Avenue, Room 3310, Seattle, WA 98174-1099. Telephone: (206) 220.7900; fax: (206) 220.7887, email:

Kapi‘olani Community College x