Reporting Options

All members of Kapi‘olani CC’s community have several options for submitting a report or complaint of sexual assault, relationship violence or stalking, including with law enforcement and the College. For more information about reporting, campus resources, and grievance procedures, contact the Title IX Coordinator.

Reporting to the College

Reports of sexual violence, stalking, or sexual harassment can be submitted to Kapi‘olani CC’s Title IX Coordinator by using the online form. You may also report an incident in person to the Title IX Coordinator or Deputy Title IX Coordinators.

To the extent of your comfort level, campus offices will work cooperatively to ensure that your health, physical safety, and academic status are protected. Kapi‘olani CC’s Title IX team will work with you to prevent harassment from continuing and perhaps escalating, and provide any other reasonable support necessary to continue your education here.

Examples of accommodations (if appropriate and reasonably available) include:

  • no-contact orders,
  • campus security escort services,
  • non-retaliation notices,
  • counseling,
  • changes in class schedules, and
  • safety plans

The College recognizes that deciding whether to make a report and choosing how to proceed can be difficult decisions. Regardless of whether you decide to pursue a criminal complaint or administrative complaint, and regardless of whether the incident occurred on or off-campus, the College will offer and provide assistance.

The College encourages any individual who has questions or concerns to seek the support of campus and community resources. All members of Kapi‘olani CC’s community are urged to seek assistance and report conduct of concern before it becomes severe, pervasive, or persistent.

Reporting to Law Enforcement

Any student, employee, or visitor who is a victim of sexual harassment, sexual violence, or stalking is encouraged, and has the option and right, to report the incident to the local police. Campus Security can provide assistance in notifying the police, if you so choose. You also have the right to decline to notify such authorities. You have the right to file a criminal complaint with local law enforcement, as well as the right to pursue a concurrent student conduct or discrimination complaint through campus administrative procedures.

Anonymous Reporting

An individual may make an anonymous report of an incident of sexual violence or exploitation, stalking, or relationship violence. A report may be made without disclosing one’s own name, identifying the respondent, or requesting any action. However, the College’s ability to investigate and take further action may be impacted by the level of information available about the incident or individuals involved.

Anonymous reports can be made to the Title IX Coordinator for review and appropriate response and action.

Kapi‘olani Community College x