Accreditation is a process by which institutions of higher education are evaluated to ensure that they meet or exceed standards of quality. These standards can be set at College and professional/industry levels.
Kapi‘olani Community College is accredited, as a College, by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA. 94949, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
At the professional level, College departments and programs are accredited as programs by review boards and commissions that uphold the highest standards in their respective fields.
Updates based on the 2012 Self Evaluation Accreditation Report
- ACCJC Letter Feb 7, 2014
- KCC Follow-up Report, Oct 15, 2013
- ACCJC Letter of Reaffirmation of Accreditation Feb 11, 2013
- ACCJC Evaluation Team Report Dec 2, 2013
- ACCJC Evaluation Team Report Dec 14, 2012
- 2012 Self Evaluation Accreditation Report