International Student Program
The mission of the International Student Program is to promote personal and academic growth by inspiring self-efficacy, learning, and development. positively impacting student success. We aim to facilitate integration into the campus community through collaborative services, and advocacy for the diverse needs of international students.
We work with students to engage, support, and empower the whole student through intentional, proactive counseling strategies. We seek to enhance international students’ sense of belonging and to fully engage them in campus life and services while providing the needed support that addresses their challenges and empowers them to reach their highest potential.
We provide counseling and educational programs in areas such as:
- U.S. classroom expectations and college skills
- Cultural adjustment support
- Navigating through the U.S. college system
- Decision-making and personal guidance
- Engaging with the campus and community
Mimi Yen, M.Ed.
- Honda International Center – Access international student admissions, F-1 visa/I-20 related support services, scholarship opportunities, and international transcript evaluation
- Office of Student Life – Access to student organizations, activities, and related resource support
- Study Hub -Get support in all levels of writing and math from student mentors and faculty volunteers
- Kaʻau Program for Student Mental Health & Wellness – Access essential resources and counseling services for student mental health and wellness
- Sexual Respect & Title IX – Get confidential support and/or report student concerns regarding Title IX offenses.
- Health & Safety – Access a strong support system for student health and safety including campus security: (808) 734-9900
- General Catalog – Access general information on Kapiʻolani CC programs, course descriptions, prerequisites and co-requisites, college policies
- STAR – Track degree progress, academic planner, what if journeys, registration, and transcripts
- Class Availability – Access classes offered at Kapiʻolani CC
- Academic Calendar – Access the academic calendar by semester
- UH Faculty/Staff Directory – Access contact information for faculty and staff