Parking & Transportation
Kapi‘olani Community College embraces our kuleana in a shared commitment to encourage our campus community to make the most environmentally responsible choices when traveling to and from campus.
Of course, students and faculty are free to drive and park their vehicles on campus, but please consider alternative means of transportation when planning your commute. Your options include TheBus, The Waikīkī Trolley, The Handi-Van, car sharing, carpooling, biking, and walking. We all live on this one island home and the ʻāina must be respected as well as cherished.
TheBus/City & County of Honolulu University Bus Pass (U-PASS) Program — The U-PASS is no longer a sticker that goes on your ID card. Your student ID will now be a HOLO card that needs to be activated every semester that you are eligible for/purchase the UPASS.
Cost: $40 per semester and is a mandatory student fee for all students taking in-person and/or hybrid courses.
Current high school students, seniors, or students with disabilities are able to apply for a waiver (email) if they already have a valid U-Pass.
All sales final. NO REFUNDS. CASH ONLY.
The U-PASS is NON-TRANSFERABLE and the College assumes no responsibility for loss, theft, destruction or misplacement of this pass. The fee for a replacement U-PASS is $40, regardless of when it is replaced during the semester.
Valid Dates: Covering specified five months of each semester
- Fall = August 1 thru January 15
- Spring = January 1 thru May 31
- Summer = May 1 thru August 31, $135 (subject to change)
Eligibility: All students with a validated Kapi‘olani CC photo identification card. Students must be enrolled in an in-person and/or hybrid course at Kapi’olani Community College.
U-PASS Sales Location:
Office of Student Life
Kapi‘olani Community College
4303 Diamond Head Rd., ‘Iliahi 126
Honolulu, HI 96816
Phone: (808) 734-9576
TheBus Schedules & Maps: Bus schedules and TheBus System Maps are available at ‘Iliahi 123.
Parking & Permits
- Student parking permits are required for all vehicles, mopeds, and motorcycles for all parking lots on campus. Please fill out this form to request a parking permit. Once you’ve received an email with your approval, you can pick up your permit at the Office of Student Activities in ‘Iliahi 126. To have your permit mailed to you, send a request by email to email@example.com or call (808) 734-9576. If you’re having your student ID updated, replaced, or paired with a bus U-PASS, make an appointment through STAR balance or in person during normal hours.
- Staff stalls in all lots are available to students and visitors after 4 p.m. M-F, and all day on weekends.
Additional parking is available at the Diamond Head Theater lot, and the Diamond Head Road overflow lot (when available). Street parking is limited. Please follow all posted parking regulations.
Kapi‘olani Community College
Disability Service Options
TTY: (808) 454-5045
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Handi-Van is a paratransit service operated by the City & County of Honolulu for persons with disabilities who are unable to ride TheBus. The Rider’s Guide provides information on registration, fares, reservations, hours of operation, and more.