Returning Students

Welcome Back!

Get Started Again

If you’re returning to college or was a student within the UH system but had stopped out for a semester or more, you will need to apply for the term you are interested in enrolling in. It’s also best to obtain the program requirements of your intended program of study. In general, the Associate in Arts degree is transferable to most U.S. institutions. Community College students with an Associate in Arts degree in the liberal arts will be accepted as having completed general education requirements at UH Hilo, UH West Oʻahu and UH Mānoa. Follow these easy steps to get started today!

Step 1: Submit an online application

  • Complete the Online Application
  • If you are a Hawaiʻi Resident or an active duty Military or eligible Military Dependent stationed in Hawai‘i, there is no application fee
  • To apply for the Military Non-Resident Exemption, submit a copy of Military Orders
  • There is a non-refundable $25 application fee for non-Hawaiʻi residents
  • Information about Residency for Tuition Purposes
  • Additional information for International Students
  • Application Deadlines (REMINDER! The following deadlines do not apply to International Students)
    • Fall term: August 1
    • Spring term: December 15

Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid (if needed)

Step 3. Reactivate your MyUH Portal Account

  • Go to MyUH Portal
  • Click on “Get a UH username” and fill out the Check Status Form
  • You will need to answer the security questions and enter password information
  • If you cannot remember your security questions you will need to reset your password. Visit the Kekaulike Information and Service Center in ‘Ilima 102. Bring a valid photo ID with you.
  • When you are able to access MyUH Portal, check your holds. Most holds will affect your eligibility to register for classes.

Step 4. Health Clearance

Visit Health Clearance Website. This is REQUIRED before you can register and attend your in-person or hybrid courses!

  • TB (Tuberculosis) — TB Clearance obtained within twelve months prior to the start of instruction OR obtained on or after the age of sixteen.
  • MMR (Measles-Mumps-Rubella) — Two MMR vaccines are required. Students born before 1957 are exempt from this immunization requirement. Note: Mumps titers are not accepted for proof of immunity.
  • Tdap (Tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis) — One Tdap vaccine is required. Must be administered on or after age 11.
  • Varicella (chickenpox) — Two Varicella vaccines are required. Students born in the United States prior to 1980 are exempt from this immunization requirement. A signed, documented diagnosis or verification of a history of vaccine disease or herpes zoster by a practitioner may be substituted for a record of varicella vaccination. Note: Titers are not accepted for proof of immunity.

Step 5. Register for Courses

View the classes that are available, then register online for courses by logging on to STAR.

Step 6. Pay your tuition and fees by the posted deadline

View Academic Calendar for tuition and registration deadlines

Step 7. Purchase your books and supplies

Take a copy of your class schedule to the Kapiʻolani CC Bookstore to purchase your textbooks. Store hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 3:30 pm. Phone (808) 734-9589. And finally, go to class!

Admission Forms

To access the necessary forms and information, please visit the Admissions & Records page. We're here to support you every step of the way on your journey toward success