E Komo Mai
We’re happy that you’re here and we’re excited for all the fun events, activities and opportunities we have to offer YOU! Thanks for being here! As the Office of Student Life, our purpose is to guide and be a resource hub for students’ pathway to college success. We commit to the creation and preservation of an honest, equal, respectful and collaborative environment for all students as well as the campus community. With strong communication and a welcoming spirit, we provide direct assistance and preparation to achieve student success and accomplish students’ personal, professional, and educational goals.
Our vision is to unify the students, staff, and faculty at Kapi’olani Community College (Kapi‘olani CC) to create a sense of community and have students be actively engaged on campus while they continue to grow and accomplish their academic and personal goals. Aloha!
Bulletin Board Posting
- All flyers must be approved by OSL. Please leave white space in the bottom right corner for the OSL stamp.
- Flyers must promote activities and events that are free to Kapi‘olani CC students. (Classes that charge tuition and fees do not meet this criteria.)
- No more than 15 flyers will be posted, up to 10 business days before the event.
- Flyers should be no more than 8 1/2″ wide and 11″ tall. Full letter-size flyers must be printed in portrait.
A full copy of the OSL Bulletin Board Policy is available.
Lost & Found
If you have found an item anywhere on campus, please bring it to the OSL office – ‘Iliahi 126. We will log and store the item in a safe location while we try to contact the owner.
If you have lost an item, please come to the OSL office and check to see if it has been turned in or submit this form and we will check if we have it. If it has not, you may file a report with our staff. If your property is brought to the OSL office you will be contacted immediately. You can fill out this form as well if you have lost an item.
Convenient Transportation Options
Explore various transportation choices for getting to campus, including TheBus/City & County of Honolulu University Bus Pass (U-PASS) Program. For all the details and how to access these options, visit our transportation information page.
All Kapi‘olani CC students, staff and faculty are eligible for the discounted rate for Consolidated Theatre and Regal Theatre (formerly Signature) movie tickets. All replacement IDs will cost $5 cash only.
Screensavers/consolidated tickets are $9.50 each. Regal tickets are $8.50 each.
Screensavers are valid at any Consolidated Theaters location except during special engagements or where prohibited (see ticket for details). After the opening 2 weeks, they will be accepted for any performance.
Regal’s VIP Super Saver tickets are not valid during the first 12 days of “Selected” new release films, special engagements, etc (see ticket for details).
To purchase discount movie tickets, visit the Office of Student Life (OSL) in ‘Iliahi 126. There is a limit of ten tickets per day. The OSL has very limited cash on hand, so please bring exact change for your ticket purchase.
Discounted movie tickets are not to be confused with movie “passes” attained through special circumstances.
All new, incoming students and faculty/staff are eligible to receive one Kapi’olani CC ID card at no charge. Each type of ID card is specific to the individual’s status and provides the cardholder to certain college privileges and benefits.
- Present a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, passport).
- Any holds or financial obligations, including tuition and fees, must be cleared before an ID card will be issued or validated. If you are on a scholarship program, on a payment plan or the military will be paying for your education then please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com
- To locate your UH ID number, go to Managing Your UH Username and log in. Your 8-digit UH ID is directly below your name.
- At this time, we are no longer doing validations. If you would like a reprint of your ID then let the OSL Student Assistant know and it will be free of charge. Please bring your student ID with you.
Continuing Education/Non-Credit Students:
- Students enrolled in continuing education and non-credit courses are eligible for a Student ID card, valid for the duration of their course.
- Each department or program will issue a memo (or some other form of verification) to the participant after they have registered and paid the appropriate charges for their course. ID cards for continuing education/non-credit classes are valid from the first to the last day of their course(s).
- Continuing Education/Non-Credit ID applicants must provide a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, passport) with an identification number.
- The Continuing Education ID card is valid for one semester. Please bring your card back to the Office of Student Life in ‘Iliahi 126 (same building as Subway) to re-validate for the next semester that you are taking a course. Replacement IDs will cost $5 cash only. Please bring exact change. Thank you.
Student parking permits are required for all vehicles/mopeds/motorcycles for all parking lots on campus. Once you receive an email approving your permit, please pick up your permit at the Office of Student Life in ‘Iliahi 126. You can walk in during our open hours. Please email us if you want your parking permit mailed. For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 808-734-9576.
UH Federal Credit Union
Due to COVID-19 regulations and closures, the UH Federal Credit Union Service Representative will not be present on campus during this time, please contact UH Federal Credit Union below if you need any assistance or have any questions.
The University’s credit union invites you to be a member. To qualify you must be a registered student within the University of Hawai‘i System, a UH faculty/staff member, a current member of the UH Alumni Association, or a family member of any of the preceding groups.
The benefits of being a member include free on-line banking, great savings account rates, checking with LOW minimum balances and no monthly fees, as well as great loan rates. A $100 minimum deposit enables you to open a UH FCU savings account. No cash transactions available.
To become a member or find out more, call 1-800-927-3397, or (808) 983-5500, or visit www.uhfcu.com.
Calendar of Events
Office of Student Life and Game Center Hours
Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 4:30pm, Friday 8:00am – 2:00pm
Kamōkila Student Center
Starting August, Monday – Friday – 8:00am – 4:30pm
We are CLOSED on weekends and holidays.
Please email email@example.com or call us at 808-734-9576 for any questions. We may adjust hours due to city/state regulations and ordinances.