Sexual Respect and Title IX
What is Title IX?
Although Title IX is commonly associated with sex-based discrimination in athletics, the law is much broader. Read more on the What is Title IX? page.
The College’s Title IX AND Non-Retaliation Statements
Review Kapiʻolani Community College’s Statements on Title IX and Non-Retaliation.
How to File a Title IX Complaint
Kapi‘olani CC promptly and thoroughly investigates and resolves complaints alleging sex discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual violence, including sexual assault, stalking, dating violence, and domestic violence. See the How to File a Title IX Complaint page for a comprehensive overview of the Title IX complaint process and the different avenues available for resolution.
Report a Concern
Contact us if you’re not sure where to go to for help or if you have an issue or complaint.
Where to Get Help
For immediate danger. Call 911
We have important tips, when you are not sure what to do otherwise.
Title IX Policy FAQ
The following are frequently asked questions regarding Title IX and related policies
Title IX Coordinators
Help is available
Kapi‘olani CC has designated a Title IX Coordinator and Deputy Coordinators who oversee the College’s compliance with Title IX. If you have a complaint involving sexual assault, sex discrimination, sexual harassment, stalking, or dating and domestic violence, or if you have questions about Kapi’olani CC’s policies or procedures in these areas, contact one of the individuals listed here. More information about the Title IX Coordinators is available.
Information shared with these contacts are not a confidential source of support. They will keep your information as private as possible but confidentiality cannot be guaranteed.
If you need time to think through the situation, there are confidential resources available to assist you.
Devon Ishii Peterson, J.D.
Title IX Coordinator
Office: ‘Iliahi 116
Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Students
Office: ‘Iliahi 113
Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Employees
Office: ‘Ilima 209
Resources & Information
Policies & Guidelines
- 1.204 Policy and Procedural Guidelines on Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence and Stalking
- UH System Title IX & Office of Institutional Equity website
- UH System Resource Guide for Students on Sexual Misconduct: Campus Policies, Procedures, and Victim Services (pdf)
- UH System-wide Student Conduct Code (EP 7.208)
- Statement of Non-discrimination and Affirmative Action (EP 1.202)
- Use and Management of Information Technology Resources (EP 2.210)
- Workplace Non-Violence (EP 9.210)
- Discrimination Complaint Procedures for Students, Employees, and Applicants for Admission or Employment (A9.920)
- Kapi‘olani Community College Sexual Misconduct Brochure (pdf)