The Accounting program at Kapi‘olani Community College prepares students for paraprofessional accounting positions in small business, public accounting, private industry, nonprofits and governmental organizations. Students get practical, hands-on experience practicing workplace-relevant skills and techniques.
As a capstone to the accounting degree Kapi‘olani Community College offers a specially designed class that allows students to gain actual job experience while earning credits towards graduation. Alternative courses provide students with hands-on experience with workplace-relevant simulations that accurately model the demands of the workplace.
The Associate in Science, Accounting degree articulates to the University of Hawai‘i-West O‘ahu towards the Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Business Administration, Accounting (effective Fall 2008).
The Kapi‘olani CC accounting program offers an associate in science (AS) degree and three certificates.
- Associate in Science – Accounting (60 credits)
- Certificate of Achievement – Accounting (30 credits)
- Certificate of Competence – Payroll Preparer (15 credits)
- Certificate of Competence – Tax Preparer (15 credits)
Potential Careers and Employers
- Careers: Accounts Clerk, Accountant, Bookkeeper, Payroll Administrator, Payroll Clerk, and Tax Preparers
- Counselors/Advisors: Lori Sakaguchi, Student’s last name: A-L, 808.734.9017
- Counselors/Advisors: Cynthia Kimura, Student’s last name: M-Z, 808.734.9107
- Accounting Program Coordinator: Calvin Tan