‘Ōlelo Nu‘ukia – Vision
He Kula Nui Kāko‘o ‘Ōiwi ‘o Kapi‘olani Kula Nui Kaiāulu a na kā lākou mau haumāna puka e ho‘oikaika i ke kaiāulu o ko Hawai‘i mau kaiāulu like ‘ole ma ka honua e loli mau.
Kapi‘olani Community College is a model indigenous serving institution whose graduates strengthen the social, economic, and sustainable advancement of Hawai‘i and the world.
Ala Nu‘ukia – Mission
(approved by University of Hawai‘i Board of Regents on March 23, 2017)
He hale hāmama ‘o Kapi‘olani Kula Nui Kaiāulu no nā ‘ano kaiāulu like ‘ole, e ho‘olako i nā kānaka ho‘ākea ‘ike e hiki aku i ka pahuhopu ‘imi na‘auao, ‘imi ‘oihana, a ho‘olaulā ‘ike. He loa‘a nā palapala a‘o, nā kēkelē mua puka, me nā polokalamu ho‘īli kula he kilohana wale e ho‘omākaukau i nā haumāna maoli, kūloko, kaumoku‘āna, kau‘āina no ka mua he lako.
Kapi‘olani Community College provides open access to higher education opportunities in pursuit of academic, career, and lifelong learning goals to the diverse communities of Hawai‘i. Committed to student success through engagement, learning, and achievement, we offer high quality certificates and associate degrees, and transfer pathways that prepare indigenous, local, national, and international students for their productive futures.
Nā lawena waiwai – Values
Ho‘ohanohano ‘ia ka ho‘īlina a ka Mō‘īwahine o Kapi‘olani e Kapi‘olani Kula Nui Kaiāulu ma o kēia mau lawena waiwai:
Kapi‘olani Community College honors the legacy of Queen Kapi‘olani through these values:
- Kūpono: Practicing honesty and integrity with clarity in all relationships.
- Kuleana: Sharing a common responsibility to support the future of our students, college, community, land, and sea.
- Mālama: Protecting and perpetuating ancestral knowledge.
- Kūloa‘a: Ensuring that the needs of our students are met with support and service.
- Kūlia: Creating meaningful curricula and learning experiences that serve as a foundation for all to stand and move forward.
Alaka‘i ‘ia mākou e kā mākou nu‘ukia like, lawena waiwai like, a me ka ho‘okō kuleana haumāna like ma o ke kāko‘o ‘i‘ini, ke a‘o, ka ho‘okō pahuhopu, me ka palapala ‘o Hawai‘i Papa o Ke Ao.
We are guided by our shared vision, values and commitments and by the recommendations of Hawai‘i Papa O Ke Ao.