Out of State Students

Students from all states are welcome to apply to Kapi‘olani Community College. Kapi‘olani Community College is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). This allows us to offer distance education to students in member states without seeking individual state’s approval.

Important Note for Prospective Students

If you are considering an online program that leads to a professional license in a state other than Hawai‘i, it is highly recommended that you contact the appropriate licensing agency in your state to seek information and additional guidance before beginning the program.

Professional licensure

It has not been determined whether or not the curriculum in this academic program or course meets the requirements for licensure or licensure preparation in the states other than in Hawai‘i. If you intend to seek certification or work in another state, click on the appropriate licensure program below which will have the state licensure board contact information. It is highly recommended to contact the state that you intend to work in to determine the requirements for certification and the ability to work in that state. Kapi‘olani Community College’s education online courses and programs do not lead to teacher certification for public schools. However, all of our courses and programs are fully accredited and course credits may transfer to university programs that may lead to state professional licensure. Additional information about licensure concerns can be found on the NC-SARA webpage.

Public Disclosure of Licensure Programs

Acceptance of Transfer Credits & Prior-learning Credits

Students transferring from other institutions may request an evaluation of their previous academic records for the purpose of transferring credits. Kapi‘olani Community College accepts credits only from institutions fully accredited by U.S. regional accrediting associations. We have information on how to transfer to Kapi‘olani CC along with transfer credit policies.  

The Pāhihi Program for Returning Adults assists students transferring in with college credits from a previous college or university as well as non-traditional students who are looking to attend Kapi’olani Community College. For more information, contact the Pāhihi Program at pahihi@hawaii.edu or (808)734-9511.

International Enrollments

Refer to the Requirements for international students (F1) here for details on international student admission requirements.

Student Complaints

Contact us if you’re not sure where to go for help or if you have an issue or complaint. The Hawai‘i State student complaint process can also be found online.

Kapi‘olani Community College x