Welcome back! If you’re returning to college or was a student within the UH system but had stopped out for a semester or more, you will need to apply for the term you are interested in enrolling in. It’s also best to obtain the program requirements of your intended program of study. In general, the Associate in Arts degree is transferable to most U.S. institutions. Community College students with an Associate in Arts degree in the liberal arts will be accepted as having completed general education requirements at UH Hilo, UH West Oʻahu and UH Mānoa. Follow these easy steps to get started today!
Step 1: Submit Online System Application
Complete the Online Application. If you have a break in enrollment and did not register for classes, a new online application will need to be submitted.
- If you are a Hawai‘i Resident or an active duty Military or eligible Military Dependent Stationed in Hawai‘i there is no application fee
- To apply for the Military Nonresident Exemption submit a copy of Military Orders.
- There is a non-refundable $25 application fee for non-Hawaiʻi residents
- Information about Residency for Tuition Purposes
- Additional information for International Students
- Application deadlines (REMINDER! The following deadlines do not apply to International Students):
- Fall term: August 1
- Spring term: December 15
Step 2. Apply for Financial Aid (if needed)
Step 3. Reactivate your MyUH Portal Account
- Go to MyUH Portal
- Click on “Get a UH username” and fill out the Check Status Form
- You will need to answer the security questions and enter password information
- If you cannot remember your security questions you will need to reset your password. Visit the Kekaulike Information and Service Center in Ilima 102. Bring a valid photo ID with you.
- When you are able to access MyUH Portal, check your holds. Most holds will affect your eligibility to register for classes.
Step 4. Register for Courses
Step 5. Pay your tuition and fees by the posted deadline
View Academic Calendar for tuition and registration deadlines.
Step 6. Purchase your books and supplies
Visit the Kapi‘olani CC Bookstore to purchase your textbooks. Store hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 3:30 pm. Phone 734-9589. And finally, go to class!!!