The Board of Student Activities (BOSA) is one of three Kapiʻolani CC chartered student organizations (CSO’s) and consists of a 9-member board of seven students and two faculty/staff members. BOSA is responsible for the planning and implementation of co-curricular student events centered around education, cultural, social, and recreational means. BOSA creates the budget for the Office of Student Activities (OSA) and works in cooperation to provide services, activities, and events for the campus community. Part of the duties of the BOSA is to evaluate funding requests from Registered Independent Organizations (RIOs) also known as student clubs.
All events, activities, and meetings are open and free to participate in any Kapiʻolani CC student.
11/20/2020 5:00 PM – Virtual Talent Showcase
Submit videos/ media by November 13th to email@example.com
Watch live on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSZtC16ShDnSgeKWKsLV5Q
Access to our meeting minutes can be found in our Google Drive. Anyone within the University of Hawai‘i can view.
If you have an event suggestion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (808) 734-9559
- ʻIliahi Building, Room 128 in the Kāmokila Student Center
- Chair — Sisilia-Puleia (Sisi) Pooi: Head of the Board of Student Activities, conducts regularly scheduled meetings, represents BOSA to the campus and the public, maintains and oversees a working relationship with other board members
- Vice-Chair — Kelly Hwang: Creates, plans, oversees, and maintains annual budgets and budget proposals, the main representative for the other Chartered Student Organization meetings, advises decisions made by the chair, point of contact for funding requests
- Secretary — Linda Tao: Draft and maintains official records and minutes for the Board of Student Activities, organizing and filing documents for BOSA, file requests, applications, and documents for approval of location, equipment, and supplies of events
- Public Relations and Recruitment Officer — Danielle LaBelle: Leads in the recruitment efforts of the Board of Student Activities, promotes BOSA to students and the campus, oversees of all the social media accounts for BOSA
- Voting Members — Jihae Lee and Cassidy (Cass) Cain
- Staff voting member — Lisa Yamamoto
- Faculty voting member — Currently Vacant
- Board of Student Activities Advisor — Romyn Sabatchi
How to join the board
Fill out an application and please have your cover letter and resume ready to upload onto the form. All Board Officers and regular voting members are paid positions. Hiring is subject to open positions.