- Apply for Graduation by May 2, 2019 (Spring 2019 Diploma Order Deadline)
- Commencement is Friday, May 10, 2019, 6:30-8:00 pm at the Hawai‘i Convention Center
- Check your UH Email for the Commencement Registration Invitation (required for participation)
Tune in right here Friday, May 10, 2019 at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm HST where we will be broadcasting our Commencement Ceremony live. Come back to this page where it will be available once the ceremony starts.
Graduation & Commencement
Congratulations! Graduation is one of the most rewarding experiences in your academic journey. The Commencement Ceremony is held once a year in mid-May.
Please select the tabs below for more information regarding Graduation and participating in the Commencement Ceremony on Friday, May 10, 2019 at the Hawai‘i Convention Center.
To be awarded a diploma from the College, you must submit an “Application for Graduation.” Review your STAR (www.star.hawaii.edu) prior to submitting the Application for Graduation. It is also strongly recommended that you schedule a “Degree/Certificate Check” appointment with your academic counselor before applying for graduation.
Send an email to your academic counselor to set up a Degree/Certificate Check now.
Apply for Graduation A $15.00 non-refundable/non-transferable fee is assessed upon processing of this application for all AA, AS, and CA and will post on your student account within 5 business days of submission. There is no charge for all CO, ASC, and APC.
Diplomas will be available for pickup 8-10 weeks after the last day of school at the Kekaulike Information Service Center in ‘Ilima 102. You will be notified via email at your hawaii.edu address when your diploma will be available. Because semester records will not be available by commencement, the conferring of degrees at the ceremony is provisional, pending verification that degree requirements have been met. Diplomas will not be released if there are any outstanding financial obligations. For further information, email the Graduation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not call or come to the center before a notification is sent.
Mailing of Diplomas: If you are leaving the island of O‘ahu and will be unable to pick up your diploma in person, you may request that it be mailed to you:
- Complete a “Request To Mail Diploma” form online or in person at KISC ‘Ilima 102 or
- Email email@example.com using your hawaii.edu account or
- Fax a request at (808) 734-9896. Please include your name, username/UH ID, mailing address and your signature. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any question regarding diploma or graduation application.
- Diplomas will NOT be mailed to O‘ahu addresses, you may also use the “Request to Mail Diploma” form to indicate a proxy if you are not able to pick it up in person.
Kapi‘olani Community College (Kapiʻolani CC) holds its Commencement Ceremony once a year in mid-May at the end of the Spring semester. It is the culmination of a student’s educational journey with Kapiʻolani CC and a time of celebration. Commencement Registration: All students who graduated in Summer 2018 or Fall 2018 or who have applied to graduate in Spring and Summer 2019 will receive an email invitation from the Graduation Office to register for the 2019 Commencement Ceremony. Registration is REQUIRED to participate. If you have not received an email from the Graduation Office regarding Commencement registration, please email email@example.com. Location: This year, the ceremony will be held on Friday, May 10, 2019, at the Hawai‘i Convention Center at 6:30 p.m. in Exhibition Hall III. The event is expected to finish at 8:00 p.m. with the giving of lei to graduates following in Exhibition Hall II. Day of Event: Arrive at the Convention Center by 3:30 PM Friday, May 10
- Graduate check-in will be between 3:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Plan extra time for travel & parking since traffic is expected.
- Bring and/or come wearing your cap and gown. If you must bring a handbag or bag, it must fit neatly under your gown. There are no places to leave or store bulky belongings.
Commencement Participation Policy: To participate in the annual Commencement Ceremony, you must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates for an Associate Degree must be in their last semester of completing the requirements for the degree.
- Candidates for any Certificate must have earned, or be enrolled in, all of the requirements for the certificate.
- Candidates must have submitted the Application for Graduation with the Graduation Office. Candidates completing their requirements in the subsequent Summer term must get approval from their academic counselor to walk in the Spring ceremony. Please have your counselor contact the Graduation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
- Upon submission of the Application for Graduation, candidates will be invited by email to register to participate in the annual Commencement Ceremony.
Commencement Information Site: Please visit the Commencement Information Site for additional detailed information for graduates and guests. If you need special accommodations for the ceremony, please email the Graduation Office at email@example.com by April 20, 2019. If you need information regarding your eligibility for graduation, contact your counselor or the Graduation Office. Graduation Volunteers: We are looking for Kapi‘olani Community College students who are not graduating but are interested in being part of the event to serve as volunteers. The Graduation Volunteers help usher other guests, line up graduates, coordinate parking, serve as directional coordinators, and other duties. Please encourage your friends and classmates to contact the Graduation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org