Our mission is to provide students with high quality publications to encourage the expression of their creativity and personal world views, in a supportive environment that shall be safe, intellectually stimulating and enduring, in a manner worthy of our student body, alumni and the Kapi’olani Community College campus community.
The Board of Student Publications (BOSP) publishes student works in print and online, guided by its mission, as stated in its Charter:
- Provide media for instruction and training
- Showcase student talents
- Provide media for sharing information, ideas, and opinions
- Support cross-curricular emphases
Kapiʻo News is Kapiʻolani Community College’s student newspaper. We publish on a regular basis and feature student writing in the following categories: news, features, and opinions. All Kapiʻolani Community College students are welcome to contribute content to this online newspaper. For inquiries and information about Kapi‘o News, contact Kim Baxter.
Le‘ahi, Journal of Creative Arts – (poetry, fiction, drama, film scripts, autobiography, narrative, creative nonfiction, art, and photography). Print publication in the spring semester is from works produced in courses offered at KCC. For inquiries and information about submissions, contact Beau Ewan.
Ka Hue Anaha
Ka Hue Anaha Journal of Academic & Research Writing publishes academic and research writing in all disciplines and programs and from all courses, except for Science, Technology, Engineering, and math research reports, which are published in Pueo o Kū. The name Ka Hue Anaha translates as “The calabash of light” or “The wellspring of reflected light,’ and is mean to reflect the diversity of opinions and spectrum of cultures our island state fosters, and also pays homage to the concept of ‘welcoming ideas from across the curriculum’ previously engendered in a 2004-2006 publication called Spectrum. For inquiries and information about submissions, contact Dawn Khaafidh.
‘Upena o Kū
Pueo o Kū features the research writing of KCC’s Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) program. Established in AUgust of 2005 the STEM program aims to improve the quality of education in the fields of STEM through various initiatives, including undergraduate research projects, peer mentoring, and summer bridge programs. For more information about KCC’s STEM program, visit http://stem.kcc.hawaii.edu.
BOSP Online Digital Archive
The BOSP digital archive contains digital copies of the following:
- Kapi‘o (Printed Newspaper): Spring 1965; Spring 1975-Spring 2014 [806 items]
- Journals: Diamond Journal [26 items]; Full Circle [3 items]; Horizons [8 items]; Ka Hue Anahā [2 items]; Kaʻimiloa [3 items]; Ka Nani [22 items]; Kapi‘o Magazine [3 items]; Lēʻahi [4 items]; Spectrum [10 items]; `Upena O Kū [1 items]; Single Issue Publications [5 items]
- Yearbooks: Nursing, 1992-1995; Food Service and Hospitality, 1994 and 1995)
- Board of Student Publications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download forms & documents at the Student Publications Toolbox.