Applying for Degree/Certificate
To ensure the official awarding of your degree or certificate from our College, be sure to follow the steps below:
- Review your STAR to ensure that you have met all requirements and are eligible to graduate.
- Complete the online Application for Degree/Certificate form by the last day of instruction at 4:30pm (HST) for the semester in which you are applying to be awarded. Each application submission will incur a non-refundable $25 diploma fee which will be posted on the student’s account 3-5 business days after a counselor reviews and approves the application. In the event that you are not awarded, the diploma fee will be rolled to a future term once a new Application for Degree/Certificate form is submitted.
- Starting Spring 2022, current graduates will receive the following: 1) Diploma Cover, 2) Diploma [Printed in English and Hawaiian], and 3) CeDiploma [Certified Electronic Diploma]
- After receiving a confirmation email that your application has been processed, log in to MyUH Services to pay your diploma fee.
- Check your Hawaii.edu email account 8-10 weeks after the last day of the semester for updates on your diploma/award status.
NOTE: You do not receive your diploma or diploma cover at the commencement ceremony. Because final grades will not be available by commencement, the conferring of degrees at the ceremony is provisional, pending verification that degree requirements have been met.
Starting in the Spring 2022 semester, all diplomas will be mailed to the mailing address on file approximately 10 weeks after the end of the semester and are mailed via USPS. Students are responsible for ensuring their mailing address is correct in their MyUH Services by the last day of their graduating semester.
NOTE: Students who have international mailing addresses will include additional shipping costs and will be contacted by email with more information.
Should a student need proof of their degree prior to the release of their diploma, they should request an official transcript. Please be sure to select the option to send official transcripts “After Degree is Awarded”.
Diplomas and transcripts will not be released if you have a financial obligation hold on your account. If you have any questions on your financial obligation hold, please contact the Cashier’s Office.
Approximate Mailing of Diplomas
Copy of Diplomas
To order a copy of your diploma(s), please visit the Paradigm Reorder Module.
Please keep in mind of the following when ordering copies of your diploma:
- Your degree must be officially awarded.
- If you have any outstanding financial obligation holds on your account, your request will not be processed.
- The fee for replacement diplomas is $25 and includes both an English and a Hawaiian diploma with one diploma cover.
- Please allow 8-10 weeks for processing. Diplomas will be in the current format with signatures of current university officials.
- Hawaiian language diplomas are only available to Kapi‘olani CC graduates who earned degrees from Spring 1995 to present. The graduate’s name, degree, major, as well as official university signatures, appear in English.
Kapi‘olani CC is excited to announce the transition to our new diploma vendor “Paradigm”. Here are some important features:
DirectShip Diplomas to Students: Students get their diplomas faster because the diploma is shipped directly to you from Paradigm. Once orders are placed by the Kekaulike Center – Graduation Section (10 weeks after the semester), most students should receive their diploma within 5-10 business days. International addresses may take around 6-8 weeks.
Certified Diplomas (CeDiplomas): CeDiploma is a patented digital credential (official, highly secure, and verifiable PDF) and an exact duplicate of the paper diploma. It is a new feature for Kapi‘olani CC graduates and will be provided at no additional cost to students graduating Spring 2022 forward. Students who graduated before Spring 2022 may request a CeDiploma at an additional cost. Learn more about the CeDiploma features.
Replacement Diplomas: Graduates who need a replacement diploma will now be able to request and make a payment online. No more paper requests, checks, or stopping by the Kekaulike Center (Records).
I received my diploma but it was damaged. How do I request a replacement?
If your diploma is damaged, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How quickly will I receive my diploma?
Current Graduates: Starting in Spring 2022 all diplomas will be mailed to the mailing address on file approximately 10 weeks after the end of the semester in which you are awarded and will be mailed via USPS. Students are responsible for ensuring their mailing address is correct in their MyUH Services by the last day of their graduating semester. ***If you did not submit the Application for Degree/Certificate form, you did not order a diploma.
Copy of Diplomas: Once the Kekaulike Center Graduation Section places the order for diplomas, Paradigm will ship diplomas directly to students via USPS within 5-10 business days. International shipments will vary by country, however, most will be delivered within 6-8 weeks.
Will I be notified when my diploma is mailed?
Yes, you will receive an email from Paradigm notifying you that your diploma is on the way to you.
Will I be able to track my diploma?
Yes, you will be able to track your diploma being mailed to you. Tracking information will be provided in the Paradigm email notifying you that your diploma was mailed. We are happy to be able to provide this service to all of our graduating students.
When do I get access to my CeDiploma?
Graduates will get access to their CeDiploma through the University of Hawai‘i CeDiploma Portal as soon as the Kekaulike Center (Records) places the diploma order requests.
I graduated before Spring 2022, can I obtain a CeDiploma?
Students who graduated before Spring 2022 can purchase a CeDiploma for an additional cost of $45.
I have another question not answered.
Please contact the Kapi‘olani CC Graduation Section at email@example.com with any questions.