The Employment Prep Center provides students and alumni of Kapi‘olani Community College career preparation and employment services by collaborating with academic programs, campus stakeholders, and career champions to promote professional development and lifelong learning. The Employment Prep Center provides students and alumni of Kapi‘olani Community College career preparation and employment services by collaborating with academic programs, campus stakeholders, and career champions to promote professional development and lifelong learning. Current students may schedule an appointment with an advisor in the Employment Prep Center using MySuccess from the MyUH Portal. (View instructions to make an appointment on MySuccess.)
Do you need help finding a job, or would you like to post a job? The Employment Prep Center assists students, employers and faculty with all aspects of on and off campus employment. This site has links for both students and employers. Please feel free to browse any of the attached links for job listings, databases, and for job search resources such as assistance with resume writing and applications.
- Create a Resume: If you would like to create a resume, you can access the resume builder of our Job Center Online through the My Documents section of your profile. Or you can access a resume template here.
- Resume Reviews: If you would like to have a current resume reviewed by our team, simply email it to email@example.com and we will make notations or corrections where necessary and return it.
- Mock Interviews: Interviews are still a standard part of the hiring process. Make sure you are as prepared as possible by scheduling a mock interview with an Employment Prep Center professional.
- Career Assessment: The Maida Kamber Center has several resources designed to help you choose the best career for you.
- Access our online job database to post a position for your company.
- On-Campus Recruitment: Contact the Employment Prep Center to schedule an on-campus recruitment event. 808.734.9166 or 808.734.9066
- Job Fair: Stay tuned for info about an upcoming job fair at Kapi‘olani Community College!
- Internships: You can find internships posted on our JCO system.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Not sure where to volunteer? Check out VolunteerMatch.org to search for volunteer opportunities in Hawai‘i that you can sign up for online.
- Job Shadowing: It is always a good idea to spend some time with someone who is in the career you are working towards. Come in and talk to the Employment Prep Center about how to set up a job shadowing opportunity. 808.734.9166 or 808.734.9066