Aloha and welcome to sustainability at Kapi‘olani Community College. Join us in supporting efforts to improve environmental stewardship and sustainability in all our campus operations.
- Kapi‘olani Community College has a new certificate that gives you the equivalent of a minor in Sustainability while meeting your general education requirements. The courses listed here will apply towards this Academic Subject Certificate.
- S-Related & S-Focused — S-Related indicates that the course includes a significant assignment related to sustainability. Courses designated S-Focused means sustainability is a major theme of the course. For more information, consult a counselor or the Faculty Senate Sustainability Chair, Caroline Torres.
- Academic Subject Certificate in Sustainability Advising Sheet
- Service and Sustainability Learning Program
- Kapiʻolani Community College Sustainability & Climate Action Plan 2017-2021
- Sustainability at Culinary Arts Program at Kapi‘olani CC
- Sustainability at the University of Hawai‘i System
- Sustainability at Honolulu CC
- Sustainability at Kaua‘i CC
- Sustainability at Leeward CC
- Sustainability at Windward CC
- Sustainability at UH Hilo
- Sustainability at UH Mānoa
- Sustainability at UH Maui College
- Sustainability at UH West O‘ahu
Faculty resources on ‘Ohana offer information about applying for S-Designation, including sample completed S-Designation intake forms, as well as Faculty Senate Sustainability Committee news and meeting minutes. If you have questions, please e-mail Nicole Otero or Kuan-Hung Chen the FS Sustainability Committee Chair.
Sustainability – Across the Curriculum
Friday, March 29, 10-2 pm, ‘Iliahi 105 to Friday, October 9, 2020, 10-12 pm.
- All faculty are welcome!
- Learn about a Sustainability Designation for your class or adding a sustainability-related projects
- Talk story with sustainability committee members and S-Designated faculty to find sustainability connections in your class.
- Help students to connect their learning across disciplines.
- Promote your course to motivate students with an interest in sustainability.