Counselors are available to help you:
- Explore health career pathways through program advising and information sessions
- Select a health career program pathway
- Identify ‘professional qualities’ of your career pathway to ensure that you develop a good fit
- Select appropriate courses
- Develop an academic plan (STAR Graduation Pathway; semester-by-semester plan of courses)
- Achieve academic preparation for program admission
- Connect to resources for your academic and personal success
- Thrive for program graduation and employment
You should also meet with a counselor before:
- You register each semester
- You apply to a health program
- You are ready to graduate
- You prepare for employment
Do you know what health career you may find satisfying? Do you know what the professional qualities of your profession/occupational cluster are? Do you know what your personal, academic, and career strengths are? Have you volunteered, engaged in service-learning, and/or enrolled in an introductory health professions course for your occupational pathway?
We encourage you to attend a program information session(s) and visit the Nursing Program page. Furthermore, meet with a counselor who can help you understand what your career interest is, decide on appropriate next steps in the journey, and connect you to available campus and community resources.
Credit & Non-credit Nursing Degrees and Certificates
- Associate In Science – Nursing (AS-NURS)
- Associate in Science – Nursing/Transition for Licensed Practical Nurse (AS-NURS/TRAN)
- Certificate of Achievement – Practical Nursing (CA-PRACN)
- Certificate of Competence – Adult Residential Care Home Primary Care Givers Program – ARCH (CO-CHO)
- Certificate of Competence – Long Term Care Nurse Aide -NURS 9 (CO-NALT)
Health Education Non-credit (HENC) Programs:
- Certificate of Competence – Surgical Technology Program (CO-SURG)
You might also be interested in:
- Career Kokua — Access information on Hawai‘i job market, occupations, education, and training programs
- Hawai‘i Career Explorer – to explore and learn more about nursing and other healthcare careers.
- Hawai‘i is Hiring – for prospective employment as a certified nurse aide, licensed practical nurse, registered nurse, and other health care professionals.
- Employment Prep Center — Connects Kapi‘olani Community College students with job shadowing, volunteer, and internship opportunities
- Occupational Outlook Handbook — Access classes offered at UH campuses in various semesters
- O*Net — Access career information on work tasks, competencies, interests, values, wages and employment trends for occupations